Wisdom teeth removed, smoked with gauze over stitched wounds, got partial numbness in forearm, eased on lying down. Cause?

I just had my wisdom teeth(all four) removed today. I am a chain smoker and went about nine hours without smoking . I decided to smoke, placing gauze over my stitched wounds and sucking very lightly. My left fore arm then went partially numb. Not all the way, but i could feel it was trying to go numb. It then stopped then started when i was laying down. About 45 minutes passed betwern the time it began and now. Whats the problem?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013