Wisdom teeth removed, infection, swelling, pus. Rinsing with warm salt water. Can I cure this without antibiotics?

Hi I am 33 yrs old. I have had my upper right wisdom teeth and both lower right and lower left wisdom teeth extracted. I had them removed two months ago. Since then, it has been a very slow healing , I m sure due to my age. A month ago, I had an infection in the hole where my lower left wisdom tooth was extracted. My oral surgeon drained the pus and I was prescribed antibiotics. I now seem to have the same type of infection as I did before. Since I had a terrible experience with my oral surgeon, I recently called my dentist and told him my symptoms. He said to rinse with warm salt water. The pus has drained but I m still experiencing a lot of pain in my cheek. In addition, I think I might be pregnant. (It s still too early to take a pregnancy test). I would like to avoid antibiotics as much as possible. What are my options?
Asked On : Tue, 5 Jun 2012