Wisdom teeth removed, full jawline bruised, swollen. Quick remedy ?

My daughter had her wisdom teeth out a week ago. She had swelling so bad on her one side we made a trip to the er. Bruising is terrible. Full jawline, (and on the side with extreme swelling bruised eye,and mid cheek to nearly her sternum. She actually has 3 finger print bruises ( still blue) on her upper neck. (The area where he was holding her jaw open.) Inside her mouth (3 teeth length) in front of her wisdom tooth removal site has running stitches from gum to her cheek. As the swelling has started to go down a hard lump has formed, not near the tooth removal site but on the site where the gum has been stitched to the cheek. She has been taking antibiotics since the removal. I want to know what could cause the need for the extra stitches and if this kind of extreme bruising is normal for this procedure. ( she is on no daily meds and does not normally bruise easy)
Asked On : Sat, 6 Jul 2013