Wisdom teeth removal surgery, pain, soreness in jaw. Infection?

I had 4 wisdom teeth taken out 5 years ago, 3 were impacted. The following day of surgery It was infected horribly. my entire face was swollen to the point i couldt open my lips . EVER since, But not prior to, I have had constant pain and sorenes on both sides of my neck just behind jaw bone close to ear, and under my chin on both sides. After the surgery once infected the dentist gave me antibiotics, following a year later my doctor said maybe there was some infection lingering or something with my nodes. could the infection have damaged my muscle or lymphnoids?
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012