Will the puss that squirt from my friends bump into my eyes form a bump in my eyes ?

I had a friend who has a large red bump on her leg. She has had a staph infection before. In fact she went to the ER tonight and they said the other one was an absess and they cut and drained it. They gave her bactrium. The other bump she was messing with tonight and I was sitting beside her. She popped it and when she did....the puss squirt into the very corner of my left eye. I went and flushed my eye with water for 1 minute and then washed my outer part of the eye with soap and water. Then I ran about a half of bottle of visine in my eye. WHAT DO I NEED TO DO...just in case it was staph? how do I prevent it from growing in my eye....Is there anything I can do to make sure it doesnt pop up if this bump is staph?
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011