Will the hyper pigmentation go away after laser hair removal ?

Hi Doctor, I have been receiving underarm lazer hair removal treatment with the Candela Gentle MAX machine. I have fair skin and black hair . I saw really good results with the first two treatments ie large reduction in hair growth . However my underarms are both darkened/ hyperpigmentation and the hair seems to be growing back more now after the 3rd treatment. Will the hyperpigmentation go away and if so how long would it take or is there anything I could do about it? Also does the apparent decrease in results with the lazer normally occur or is the lazer setting not correct/something else making the result not as good? Thanks.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Dec 2011