Will taking TB medicines without having TB safe and is there any side effects ? I have irregular fever and mild headaches

Is it dangerous if you do not have TB and you re given TB medicines? Since 7 months, I have had typhoid and malaria 3-4 times. So, Doctor told me to get mantaux text done along with chest x-ray . the mantaux test was negative but the doctors doubted that I may have beginning of Tuberculosis seeing the chest x-ray. The doctor has given me medicines for TB and said that I can get ELISA test for TB done. Actually the symptoms are like this- 1) I have irregular low fever (upto 100 F) along with mild headache , mild chills, weakness and ache at the left side of my stomach. I will have fever,say, 2-3 days (mostly at evening time) and the next 3-4 days I would be completely fine, i.e., I would feel healthy with no fever, no headache or chills. Also the fever goes away within half an hour or max. 1 hour without taking any medicine. 2) I may cough twice/thrice a day with no pain in chest. Can it be really tuberculosis? If I take TB medicine without suffering from it, will it have side effects? Please help me out, I am suffering since 7 months. I am 20 year old female.
Asked On : Mon, 28 Mar 2011