Will removing scarred adipose tissue worsen insulin resistance? Have controlled thyroid using Synthroid

I am a 35 y/o causasian female, 214 lbs, 5 5 tall. I have been Type I diabetic since I was 2 years old. I was on self-injections until I had a Cesarean section with my son 12 years ago, at that point I was put onto the insulin pump , and was simultaneously diagnosed with Hashimoto s thyroiditis . This has since resolved, and my hypothyroid is well-maintained with Synthroid 125 mcg. I do have a large volume of abdominal curtain that overlaps in my lower anterior abdomen that stretches from hip to hip, and the adipose tissue is extremely scarred from pump site reactions. I exercise on a regular basis, but my A1C is around 7.1 due to absorption issues. I have also developed scoliosis due to the odd distribution of weight in my body, and I seek regular care with a chiropractic specialist. I had no issues at all with my Cesarean section in 2000, and I had very positive results from a lap cholecystectomy in 2007. I returned to work as a floor nurse in 4 days postop, with no complications. My current endocrinologist has told me flat out that she refuses to ever give me a go-ahead for surgery, due to the fact that she thinks that removing the scarred adipose tissue will worsen my insulin resistance. Is this a viable argument at all, or should I seek a second opinion?
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012