Will removing clitoris help to reduce compulsive and excessive masturbation ?

I am a 54 yo female. I have a problem with compulsive & excessive masturbation. I skip meals and don t leave my apartment unless something importment happens. This has been going on for 9 months. I was wondering if I had my clitoris removed. Would that solve my problem?
Asked On : Sun, 1 May 2011
hello Ms Anon,
can you tell me if the masturbatory activity is to exclusion of other sexual behavior. do you masturbate for pleasure ;or do you feel edgy and nervous ,and are unable to resist masturbating .
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Hi
This isnt an option.Sexual urges is a complex emotion combining hormonal and psychological elements.You could try counselling with a sex therapist to understand and deal with the problem.