Will removing 4 teeth for treatment create dental problems ?

hello doctor , i am now 21 years old.i had done dental treatment done almost five years ago.i had a complicated birth my lower jaw was inside.When i went to treatment it was brought forward using twin blocks.Then braces was used to bring it back.It ended as okay.After one year settled teeth came forward.Then it was fixed using retainers.But the problem is there is still projection of teeth.It is not much visible from outside.I am not able to smile well or talk with confidence .I visited a dentist .He told me the only possibility is to take off four teeths .two from above and two from below and then put on braces.Is it possible. If teeth is taken out then can dental implants be used there.also i don t have four molars.will this make problem.Can you recommend any considering doing braces again.
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011