Will regestrone helps to delay the periods? Is it safe to take for a long time?

ok. My date for periods is say 17th . And I do not want periods till 25th morning. So i have started taking regestrone since 11th. So the periods have not started till date ( which otherwise should have started yesterday). So now....is it ok to continue taking regestrone till 24th night....that is for 7 more days.....( as mentioned i am taking it since 7 days)....is it ok to continue for 7 more days? will it ensure my periods delay ? Becoz i have a religious ceremony at home on 24th...
Asked On : Mon, 21 May 2012
hi,thanks for the query
you can continue regestrone till 24th or 25 th.after stopping the tablet the period will start in 3-4 days.