Will nordette as ECP cause delay in menstrual cycle ?

hello Dr. Shainaz , is it true when took Nordette as ECP can cause delay of menstrual cycle? up to how many days of delay? my gf will try this once... we will not have sex again before marriage so pls help me.. thanks
Asked On : Mon, 6 Jun 2011
Hello justin;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Like i said in my answer to you Nordett is a hormonal pill and it can delay the periods as it causes hormonal imbalance in a females body.So once the hormonal levels come down she will have withdrawal bleeding.This sort of delay can be from 2-10 days also.Just to be on a safer side you can ask your girlfriend to get a pregnancy test after 10 days of expected date of her period.Normally Nordett does work successfully but periods become irregular as a side effect of the pills.
last question , is withdrawal bleeding occur in menstruation?
she's now 3days late, then she doesn't have withdrawal bleeding since she drunk the Nordette as ECP