Will my facial hair grow slowly if I have thyroid problem ?

iam 20 year old male and i have thyriod problem. my facial hair is growing too slow is this because of thyriod problem...
Asked On : Tue, 7 Jun 2011
Hi welcome to healthcare magic
HYPOTHYROIDISM that is decreased thyroid hormone can be a remote cause in slow hair growth ,but the more common complaints would be loss of eyebrows .for more specific clarification you can contact a endocrinologist

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Facial hair growing slow can happen in a variety of situations. Usually it's genetics. You may want to wait till 22-24 to see if it starts getting denser. You may also want to get your Testosterone levels checked. Don't worry. You are no less of a man if you don't have a big beard. Style what you have well and be smart. Visit your Dermatologist for proper advice and management.