Will my baby get any other disability post the surgery for heart murmur ?

my child is 5months now and he has aheart marmar, he is going to have surgeral in two weeks time to correct this. At the moment my child does not seem to have any problem at all apart form the heart maramr as he behaves like a 5months baby would do and his development seems ok. please tell me is he going to have any disabilty after the suergral? after a baby has acadic sugerial is there any slowness in them or any other disbility many occer if your baby does not have any other issue apart form the acidic heart marmar. as my baby is very strong and he eats well and he does everything elase normal as a child of his age of 5months does?
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011
Hello there..
welcome to healthcare magic forum..
No..i dont think surgery will affect your child's growth in anyway. He is going to have a normal development. So dont worry and Just support your child in this difficult situation.
Hope this helps.
take care..