Will masturbation cause any damage after urethral stricture surgery? Refraining from sexual activity required?

Will I cause any damage by masturbation after urethral stricture surgery? I recently had surgery to treat a stricture with an cytoscope (I believe) about a week ago and I m wondering if I can cause any damage or worsen the condition by masturbation. My doctor didn t tell me anything about refraining from sexual activity and the stricture itself is fairly far down in the urethra, close to the base of the penis as I recall. From what I ve read, 4-6 weeks is roughly the recovery period but I have very little willpower for this situation. Will I be ultimately ruining the procedure or causing further damage?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012