Will lumbar discectomy prove beneficial to one having foot weakness due to bilateral peripheral neuritis in the limbs ?

Sir I am 68 years old man . I have no diabetes or HTN or any cardiac dieases. I dont smoke or drink alcohol .I have bilateral peripheral neuritis in all four limbs detected by the nerve conduction studies since few years, probably seconday to the intake of Tarcolimus tabs ( as immunosuppressive for Liver transpalnt in 2000) .But I have only very slight sensory disturbacnes . Recently I have been having weakness of the dorsiflexion of my left foot since 4 months with partial foot drops and difficulty in walking. No root pain or any form of sciatica. The MRI showed disc bulging with encroachement fo the nerual recess of the L45 root. Will be benifited if I go in for lumbar discactamy though I have no root pain. Please advise me PMK Nambiar
Asked On : Mon, 9 Apr 2012