Will laser remedy solve my Skin pigmentation problem ?

Hi doctor I am 38 years and I have pigmentation on both of my cheeks for the last 2 - 3 years. what should do. will laser remedy solve my problem ?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Mar 2010
Hi...Mr.Shaalu Bedi..,
welcome to HCM..,
Thanks for query..,
38 years old ...and pigmentation of both could be..,
Treatment is favourable...,
1) Topical treatment.....morning times ..sunscreen lotion..Suncare or Suncote..,
night times........Ban a tan cream....,(Curatio company)
2) Chemical peeling.....It gives very good result...(It has done by qualified skilled
3) Last but not least is LASER therapy.......
It also available ...easily
a) 694 nm...Q Switched Ruby Laser..
b) 755 nm..Q Switched Alexandrite Laser..,
c) 532 nm frequently double3de Q switched nd:YAG Laser
d) 1064 nm nd: YAG Laser......
Among these nd: YAG laser is widely used.....and economic also...,
So consult good dermatologist........follow the treatment..o.k goodluck...,
  Anonymous's Response

It needs to be first determined what is the problem that is giving you those marks..once the cause is made out, then you can go further either with the topical treatment with creams or with Laser treatment.

Neurologist, Surgical Dr. Amit Kumar Ghosh's  Response
There are many types of pigmentation. LASER can cot solve all the types. Please show it to dermatologist.