Will it be safe to take RHINIL 10mg to relieve from allergy?

Sir,
I have been suffering from allergy at the age of 16. I am 27 now. At regular interval I have been taking tablet RHINIL 10mg to relieve from allergy. I want to know that does this particular tablet have major side effect( At present i am quite healthy and energetic as well) ...please answer
Asked On : Fri, 14 Mar 2014
Allergist and Immunologist 's  Response
Hello young man.

RHINIL contains the drug cetirizine, which is usually safe with long term use also.

The most common side effect is sedation. Caution should be practiced while driving vehicles or performing risky tasks such as handling machinery, etc to avoid accidents.

Also you should avoid alcohol or other sedative drugs as they may have additive effect.

You may have an occasional headache due to cetirizine. Else there are no major side effects.

Hope this was helpful to you.

Wish you the best health.

Regards.

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.