Will it be possible to cure chronic kidney disease when the report says 40% damage ?

Hi , My wife age 22 has consulted a Neprologist and undergone Biopsy. Report says 40% of kidney damage. Her BP often gets above normal range and she encounters serious back pain . This is the first week of prescription and she is having Shelcal and Waysolone 20 mg thrice a day. Her creatine level is fluctuting between 2.1 to 2.4. Doc says lets wait and watch and can not conclude weather it s a permanant damage or curable. Also, she had to terminate her pregnancy a few weeks ago for the above reason.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Apr 2011