Will high protein diet increase the SGPT levels? Taking omega 3 supplements. Had weight loss due to diet and exercise

I want to know if consuming protein rich foods like fish and chicken (lean meats) can increase SGPT levels. I used to be vegetarian till last year. Last year, at the age of 38, I started including fish, eggs and chicken in my diet every day. I also started to do weight bearing exercises regularly. In the last one year I have lost 10 kg and become fit. But in a bizarre development, my SGPT levels which were in the 20s last few years has increased to 60. The big change in the last year has been cutting out of all processed food, alcohol and lowering carbs, and adding lots of lean protein, plus doing muscle building exercises. I don t drink, smoke or take any medication. I take Omega 3 supplements . No other supplements. What can explain the bizarre phenomenon of increased SGPT levels while the rest of me is getting healthier and fitter? All my other health counts are normal and I do not have hepatitis or illnesses. My SGPT was 37 in May, and it s 60 now! It was 28 in Sep 2011 - when I started off with the new diet and exercise programme. This is so bizarre. Any idea what could be happening?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012