Will getting off lamitor help one to get regular periods and lose weight ?

I am 32 years old. I had PCOD problem but after my delivery my periods were normal. One and half years back my husband felt that I have bipolar disorder and since then I am on medicines like amazeo,neuven lamitor. Currently I am on lamitor OD 100. Since the time I have started my medicines I am not getting my periods and according to my psychatrist it is a side effect of this medicine and it is ok. My question is that I feel I am not fully bipolar. It is lot to do with situations and I am extremely emotional. I want to discontinue with the medicine and observe myself. Also I am not able to loose weight and yoga teachers etc say that if I am not getting my periods and also because of this medicine it is difficult to loose weight. Is it true? I want to loose weight and also try to give up lamitor and observe myself.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Feb 2012