Will getting a tattoo to cover appendix scar effect pregnancy?

Dear Doctor I have a long scar about 10cm on my stomach next to my belly due to my young appendix removal . I have tried some laser on scar but it did not help much, so i am thinking to get a tattoo over it. So my question is that possible to do it. and will it affected anything in the future if i am pregnant. And should i see any doctor first before i go  tattoo over it. Thank you and i am looking for a reply.
Asked On : Tue, 27 Mar 2012
Hello saski.dq7. Tattooing is an individual choice. Any scar can be tattoed over, however, tattoos also age with you. As you age, they fade and shrink and the lines of the tattoo blur as the ink is metabolized into the nearby tissues. With pregnancy, the tattoo will be changed as well and will probably not ever look the same afterwards. The scar will also fade with age, whether left natural or masked by a tattoo.

Be well, Dr. Kimberly