Will emergency contraceptive work if sex is after ovulation?

Can any of the emergency contraception options work if sex was after ovulation? I had sex (with a condom issue) on day 20 of my cycle. My cycle varies between 21-23 days. Do any of the options (next choice or ella) prevent implantation? Or is it so late in my cycle that there is no risk of fertilisation because no viable eggs exist? I am 41. It is now hour 60 after the condom broke. I waited to see if my period would arrive but it hasn t yet. Research seems to doubt whether next choice would work after ovulation, but that Ella might. I can t tell the pro lifer agenda from the anti and wanted medical advice rather than newspaper reports. I don t know whether to take Next Choice today (I have 12 hours left to hit 72) or take Ella in the next day or two if my period doesn t come. Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013