Will eating a cake with THC in it be harmful? Done heart surgery

Dear doctor, I have a dear friend close to me whom recently had heart surgery and is not recovering great.!! We used to smoke weed/marijuana every day together. I know smoking in general is bad for your health. However I found out I can extract the THC from weed and place it in an edible substance. Thus we could both eat a cake with THC in it. Would this pose a risk to his health. Comparing without in general or comparing it to drinking alcohol?? THank you very very much for your responds!!
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012