Will discontinuation of cholesterol controlling medicine elevate my cholesterol levels?

hai dr i checked my sgpt sgot yesterday the values r SGOT-46,SGPT-55, before this 2month back i checked it was SGOT36, SGPT, 38,iam on medication for high cholestoral atorvastatin since 2 years, last year by september 2011 i checked LFT TEST EVERY THING WAS NORMAL, now my doctor told to stop statins, and control on diet i have tried by diet to control cholestorl befor but it was no use , and was told that it is hereditary so i should be on medication lifelong now iam worried is if i stop this choloeterol medicine will it be under control, l, and for elvated increase LFT values doctor has sugested to take cefasilymarin 140mg for 3 months, iam 38 years, my height 5.4 and weight is 70kg can u suggest something
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012