Will diet affect my baby, as i am 3.5 months pregnant and overweight ?

hii am 3.5 months pregnant nw...and am 69 kg hight s doc asked me to be n complete diet due to my overweight ,,so will diet affect my baby..can u suggest food habits for me in this period age s 22 now....
Asked On : Tue, 17 May 2011
Infertility Specialist 's  Response
Your BMI should be between 19-24. U should not go by the word diet in pregnancy, but yes u can definitely avoid excessive calories, fried and junk food. be more on fruits and vegetables. My only advice to u i s DOn't ever starve yourself or over stuff.

OBGYN Dr. Nidhi Sharma Chauhan's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic. since you are slightly overweight you need to eat carefully , but it should be adequate at the same time so that your baby gets enough food. you need to eat food that is not very high in calories but rich in proteins. also some amount of regular walking everyday will really help you. you can go see a dietician to have your diet planned out.