Will a doctor be able to acknowledge occasional heart murmurs even though i am not experiencing the same at that moment?

I have heart murmurs; but most oif the time when I go to the doctor; the doctor does not hear the heart murmur. I have pain in my heart which feels like a pin is being jabbed in my heart; this only last a few seconds; but I get it about once a week; but never happens the exact time I am at the doctor. My question is: will a doctor still be able to acknowledge my heart murmur even though I am not getting that pin feeling at the time of visit to the doctor.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012