Will Sysron cause any side effects in case I am pregnant? Missed period

Hi, i had my last period on 29th Aug 2012 & i ve missed my periods in september however i had spotting (2-3 drops) on 29th Sep 2012 and then again on 5 Oct 2012 but when i took the pregnancy test on 6 Oct 2012 it was negative. Now my doctor has advised me to take Sysron N (5mg) 3 times for 4 days, but wht if i m pregnant. Will this medicine cause any side effect in case i m pregnant or should i wait for few more days & then do the test again. I ve PCOD & have been trying to conceive from last 2 yrs. This month i have my laparoscopy but due to missed period, that has also been delayed. Pls advice whether shd i start taking the medicine, even if i m pregnant.
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012