Will I contract HIV after staying with a HIV infected person ?

In the case of H.I.V discorded couples how does it happen Am 38 years old and have been married for 11 years. My wife was diagnosed with H.I.V aids 2years ago. She says she has not been with another man during the 11 years we have been together. I have 2 girls 11 and 6 years they both tested negative. Am worried i might contract H.I.V from her. We are still sexually active. We have been using condoms though occassionally i cant control my self and insist not to use a condom. I usually check my status every 3 months and am still negative. How does this happen ? Can somebody stay with a positive person all this while have children and not get infected ?
Asked On : Wed, 13 Apr 2011