Will I conceive if I had sex 1 week before my periods ?

i am a 20yrs old lady am somehow confuse about some facts like is it true that when i have sex a week before my period or a week after my period i wouldn t get pregnant ?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Mar 2011

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

You have got the correct information.

Generally in a cycle of 28 days we call a specific period known as "safe period" which is for a week from her last date and again the week before she expects her next cycle. Having an intercourse during this time will have very minimal risk of pregnancy, but do make sure that the cycles are regular,else this method may not hold good.

The remaining days from the first week upto 21st day of the cycle is considered fruitful period were chances of fertility is very high to get you pregnant.

Wish you good health