Widal test positive for typhoid. Persisting low grade fever. Taking Benocide forte. How long will it take to recover?

I am 46 yrs, male, suffering low grade fever since 55 days now. Initially prescribed azithromycin . Then Widal test came positive for S. typhi H & O. Prescribed (cefexime+ ofloxacin ) which was continued for total of 3 weeks. The low grade fever is still there, now under 99 degrees only, but causing mild sweat and sick feeling. I was also on montelukast for 5 days after positive Widal test and again for 15 days (week 5th and 6th) after stopping cefexime+ofloxacin. Absolute eosinophil count was done after stopping the antibiotics, which showed 636 (normal 45-450), TLC 10,600 (4000-0000) with eosino 6% (01-04), monos 1% (02-08) and hemoglobin 13.98 (14-18). Benocide Forte was started bid for 21 days. Now still I am feeling feverish on some days with weakness, dizziness and heaviness in lower abdomen below the navel. Doc has asked me to continue Benocide Forte for another 9 days and then repeat eosino count. How long will this take and is there anything else to be suspected and any other test to go for? I have no preceding history other than painful jaw for 3-4 weeks before and was taking Intagesic for that. I am also diagnosed with pharyngitis (common ailment if I drink ice cold liquid in colder weather) Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012