Widal test done, shows abnormal S.Typhi H, tiredness, fatigue. Can I go for deep sea diving?

Hello, I m not sure if this is the correct specialty, but let s give it a go. I had a Widal test and everything was okay except S.Typhi H which was 1:80. It is answered below, but I have another medical prevention question related to it. I know this will sound strange, but I have a dive trip planned for the 21st (3 dives) and 22nd (4 dives); all boat dives, no currents, clear water in Bali waters. My dive buddy is a very experienced dive master and we have a private dive master guide. My dive profile is less than 60 feet and each dive is approximately 45 minutes with proper surface intervals to be very safe. Question: Can I and/or should I dive if all I feel is tired (not overly tired, just more than usual) with no other symptoms than I described above. I promise not to drink the seawater. Thank you. Look forward to a speedy answer. Cheers, XXXX
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

It takes atleast a month or two and in some rare case upto 3months for the body to completely recover from an active infection. However a few individuals do behave, act normally and do not have any symptoms post infection as early as a few weeks. If you are feeling good and do not have any residual symptoms you can slowly start your routine.

Presuming your infection is cured, you are doing fine and you do not have any other medical illness, you may start any physical activity as per your choice.

Hope this helps.