Why would I keep losing circulation in my arms and how can I pinch the nerve under my armpit ?

Why would I keep losing circulation in my arms while laying down? I was told that there is a nerve under my armpit that may be pinched, and if so, what nerve and how do i unpinch it
Asked On : Thu, 22 Mar 2012
Dear Friend.

Please elaborate your problem. What do you mean by loosing circulation?

Are you talking about tingling in hands and feet? Or its Numbness?

When you lie in an inappropriate position sometimes your nerves get compress and you feel that the portion is numb and there is tingling, and it resumes to normal in few minutes.

If this is your problem then its normal, nothing to worry, try to maintain correct position.

But if you feel weakness in your limbs, you feel there is continuos tingling or numbness, or you are having difficulty holding hands or walking, then yes you need an evaluation.

Review with us with the answers

Stay Healthy

Dr Anshul, M.D.