Why was there a sudden decrease in hairline. Is it telogen effluvium?

I just turned 18, so my english in not very well , but I will try to explain you my situation.I had an unpleasant and stressful situation in a month and a half , after that situation a few days i went to barber to cut my hair like i always do and when i back home i noticed a sudden decrease in hair, to be more precise hair thinned out.And as time has passed hair started growing more slowly,began to fall and its soft to the touch.(Before I had a thick and strong hair) I find a half dozen hairs on the pillow when I get up, and during shower and drying the hair around the 40-day 50 more.when i run with my finger trough hair i found 2-3 hair every day in this month. That situation is even worse because the hair all over my body(legs,arms, pubic hair ,beard) has become soft on those places.Eyebrows were also thinned as the pubic hair, i had thickeyebrows before. Now about my life: Do not smoke , do not drink, do not use drugs, I train, running, gym and have a healthy diet maximum I can. In my family no one was bald in the last 80 years, grandparents on both sides had a thick hair as a old hair brush, so i write off Genetics . Has someone had similar problem? I doubt on the stress and telogen effluvium ,in 2 days I will go to the for dermatologist more detailed search. Are these symptoms of telogen effluvium, am i right?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012