Why was skin around tissue swollen? Why is it in pain?

Last night the skin/ tissue around my knuckles (middle & ring finger ) was swollen & spongy. Today it is deep red on those two fingers and a black/blue hue is spreading across my fingers. there is pain on the knuckle bone when I touch it and ball up my hand . It s itchy too Did i get bitten by a spider or something. Should this be looked at by a doctor.
Asked On : Tue, 18 Sep 2012

You must go to local doctor to get fully examined so that your exact cause may be ruled out if it is due to insect bite then why it turns fingers blue/black. It means insect was poisonous.

It must not be ignored. Your doctor may advise your certain medication including antihistaminics etc.

I hope it helps.