Why there is pain along with blood while urinating ?

It hurtw when i pee & blood comes out & its ben going on for three weeks what does this mean?
Asked On : Sat, 11 Feb 2012
It would have been great if you could have mentioned your age and sex as well. This may be the symptoms of urinary tract infection. You will need to give your urine sample for analysis. This will help you check if it is an infection in the urinary tract. In the meanwhile you need to take plenty of fluids, about 2-3 litres of water per day. If the test is positive, you may need a course of antibiotics and the urine may need to be sent for culture. Hope this helps. Take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Ashwini Kolur's  Response
Hi , will try my best to answer your query,
Your symptoms of pain and passing of blood during micturation called heamturia, may be due to urethral or renal stones or urinary tract infection. Don't neglect consult your doctor and get an ultrasound done to rule out urethral stones and urine examination to rule out any infection.I advice you to drink plenty of water .
Get well soon