Why pancef is use ?

Hello Doc. please kindly make it clear on the drug pancef, a doctor prescribed me. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 23 Mar 2011
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
YOu may be suffering from urinary tract infection so for the treatment your doctor must had prescribed you cephalosporin group broad spectrum antibiotics
I hope this wil suffeiceintly help with your infection
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
welcome to -0 /cefixime is an oral third generation cephalosporin antibiotic. It is used in the treatment of urinary tract infections, otitis media, respiratory infections due to susceptible organisms including S. pneumoniae and S. pyogenes, H. influenzae, and many Enterobacteriaceae; uncomplicated cervical/urethral gonorrhea due to N. gonorrhoeae.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. because doctor has PRESCRIBED you, it means that probably drug given you is in oral form.
2. anyways simply 'pancef' implies to injectable form of antibiotic group Cephalosporin i.e. Ceftriaxone which is given intramuscularly in uncomplicated gonorrhea and prophylaxis of secondary meningococcal meningitis,whereas given intravenously in typhoid fever.
3. Contraindications: hypersensitivity to cephalosporins, do not use calcium or calcium containing solutions or products with or within 48 hr of administration of ceftriaxone due to risk of calcium-ceftriaxone precipitate formation.
4.Special Precautions: history of penicillin allergy,severe renal impairment,pregnancy and lactation
5. Interaction: disulfiram like reaction with alcohol, nephrotoxicity with aminoglycosides and furosemide.
6. Adverse Drug Reaction: anaphylaxis,blood dyscariasis,diarrhoea,rash,fever,pruritus,elevated trasaminases and alkaline phosphatase,leucopenia,neutropenia,pseudomembraneous colitis, nephrotoxicity.
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response

welcome to HealthcareMagic

Pancef comes in two forms PANCEF which contains Ceftriaxone an injectable antibiotic;& PANCEF-O its a oral antibiotic ;I guess you want to know about the oral formulation.Both are from Cephalosporine group of antibiotics and are broadspectrum antibiotics used in all types of gram positive & gram negative bacterial infections of respiratory tract;urinary tract;and all forms of infections due to succeptible organisms.If you are suffering from Urinary tract infection you can take this antibiotic.Hope this information is helpful