Why no menstruation after finishing a pack of birth control pills?

Hi, why is it that after finishing a pack of birth control pills, its been 7 days and still no menstruation . Last month after my menstruation, i started a new pack of pills and on the 7th day i forgot to take it. It was my 3rd day of not taking the pills when i noticed it. Then i did not continue because i was having dicharge like a menstruation. A doctor told me to start a new pack after 7 days and thats what i did. I already finished a pack and right now theres no menstruation.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012