Why my heart skips beats?

For at least 9 years now or so, my heart has been skipping a lot, I dont drink a lot of coffee. Sometimes they get so frequent its scarey. When they do skip my chest pounds and an unusal feeling up near my throat as well. When i do get them- usually about 3 maybe 4 in a row, i feel quite weak. They have as i said been like this for quite a few years now. Once i counted while in a doctor sugery and I had a least 20 of them. They say its normal, I really dont agree. A heart beat is a must to a human and it shouldn t skip at all.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Skipped beats or palpitations can be harmless or can be very serious. The important thing it to find out what kind of irregular rhythm is causing the skipped beats. There are some very simple tests, monitors that you can wear to record your heart beat and allow you to document the cause of the skipped beats. Those should be done before deciding if they are serious or not. The tests should be reviewed by a cardiologist. If they are interfering with your life then they need to be treated.