Why my heart is fluttering ?

Sometimes, when I get up or sit down, my heart starts fluttering and my pulse races, even if I m not doing any strenuous activities. When I walk after getting up, I get a weird sensation. I can t tell what the sensation is, so I yawn and it usually goes away. Why is this happening and what s going on with me?
Asked On : Fri, 18 Dec 2009
They're called palputations . My mum gets them really badly because of stress and caffeine. I get them occasionally beause of stress, and it can be caused by hormones at my age (16) . My advice would be just go to the doctor and they will assess you based on your health record , take a blood sample and do an ECG (electrocardiogram) . All that means is they stick stickers all oer you , ask you to lie still and then this machine prints your heart pattern out . If they arent 100% happy with that they might want to do a 24hr ECG ..the same but you carry a little box round round your waist . Its nothing to worry about :D xx