Why my 3 yr old child is very aggressive and inquisitive though he is very intelligent and very different from his brother and sister ?

i am looking for some advise about my 3 year old, his pre-school is also. He has been at his private nursery since 6months and his behaviour changed at 18 month app. he Won t sit still ever even when strapped in a chair he can wake up at 5am and stay awake until 8pm without a midday nap, 11pm if he does have a 20 min nap. Constantly hits other children, possesive over things that arent his, even with 5 yr old bro and 1 yr old sis. We are on our 3rd tv in 18 months as he has broke them thro anger, have to repeat everything constantly to do anything even chew his food and swallow. When we play together he doesnt play he just smashes, and i mean smashes them up, cant take him out as the embarrasment is getting too much to bear. he constantly bangs on every thing rips wallpaper off thro the night in bed, pulls the fireguard off the walls, throws gravel at the children and windoows next door to the point where he cant go out any more and now his school are saying that his behaviour is getting worse there too and we are getting called into meetings. To add that he is very intelligent can count to 30 do ABCs, puts own shoes clothes and coat after i gave told him 20 times to do it, knows at least 15 nursery rhymes, all colours, weather, you get the picture and he is inquisitive constantly, advice needed, other 2 children and pretty relaxed kids, when he plays it is on his own as soon as anyone else tries to be involved he instantly lashes out
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Natasha, I am afraid this is a case of really aggressive behaviour, and it is going to need a lot of patience and some expert attention by a child counsellor on a daily basis for at least some weeks. Thereafter, you may reduce the counselling sessions to twice or thrice a week. Before putting him on psycho-medication, it may be needed to assess him by a pediatrician. Some inborn errors of metabolism can produce a lot of aggression too. It may be necessary to do some tests on him, including some scanning studies, so that an organic disease is ruled out. Once organic (real) disease is ruled out, the psychiatrist may start calming medication and the counsellor will guide you on how to modify his behaviour into a favourable direction.