Why my 2 1/2 yr old is passing loose sticky motions ?

Dear Dr, would like to consult with my Baby s health age 2 and 1/2 yrs of old. she had a prob of lose motions since last week [motion trice a day] but her activities r normal now its reduced but ther is a sticky discharge in the motion, we had given her nor-metrogyl syrup for 2 - 3 days, wud u recommend anything else and cud you pls explain the reason for the sticky discharge? thanks in advance Harsha D souza
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Hi Harsha;
Welcome to HealthcareMagic
Loose motions are due to infection & Nor-metrogyl has controlled them so continue till another 3 days to make a total of 5 days if it does not stop then you will require to consult a paediatrician .Till then continue as it is ;give her enough water ;as for the sticky thing it is mucus in stool it will settle down .Please see a child specialist after 3 days if required ;if she is fine by then no need to worry.