Why my 11 months old baby's temperature rises if i give him calpol a bit later than 6 hrs ?

my baby is 11 months old he had loose motion vomiting and fever yesterday and day before my pediac had given him enterogerminal vials and calpol today he is back to normal he is active and playing around, though today is his 3rd day his body temperature rises if i give him calpol a bit later than 6 hrs. i m not understanding why and my pediac had told me to give calpol every 6 hrs once for two days and every 8 hrs once the third day and fourth day he should be normal.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Mar 2011