Why is vagina dry? Why is sex painful? Why does partner's genital itch and burn?

About two years now i have not had normal discharges. My vagina has been very dry. My gyn doctor prescribed medicine and something afterwards when my vagina was filled with white, very thick discharge. Anyway, i am still not back to normal although not as dry as before. During the same period my husband blisters every time we have intercourse. His doctor gave him medication and creams and they worked. We decided to try intercourse but my body although i feel myself responding does not get the heavy discharge and sex is painful, and wouldn t you know it, we are back to square one. he is itching and burning and my body has no discharge. This happens every time. We wait until he heals and use lubricants but he still has the same problem. Now he doesnt want sex and i feel guilty. How do we fix this?
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
Hi
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.Your husbands problem can be yeast infection.In such case i treat my patients with clotrimazole or terbinafine ointment for local application and fluconazole tablet for oral intake weekly once for 1 month to stop recurrance.You should have enough foreplay before going into intercourse.KY jelly can be used for if still you have vaginal dryness.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.