Thank you for your query.
1. In adult patients, the chronic tonsillitis
is of a far longer duration. Hence the adhesions and fibrosis
of the tonsillar bed is ore in adults.
2. This translates to more trauma during dissection in adults.
3. This leads to more post operative pain.
4. Probably children forget the pain and tenderness more quickly.
5. Adult patients may have other diseases such as diabetes
, blood pressure problems and so on.
6. Children however, are more intolerant to blood loss during surgery.
7. These are some of the reasons why a tonsillectomy
in a child is less likely to involve complications than the same procedure for an adult.