Why is there swelling on the face and neck after taking medicines for cough ?

my mom had cough since more than 3 years but due to some medicines there are lot of swallowing on her face and neck ... is there any side effect of medicines .. please suggest it has been more than years she is facing problems and even after showing to so many doctors there is no result.... please suggest . thanks. have shown to many chest or pulmonary specialist but none could help.. please help
Asked On : Sun, 3 Apr 2011
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query
I can only think of steroids which as a side effect can cause swelling of face. It would help if u list out her medications. For now get a CBC with peripheral smean and RFT and approach a gen physician
Have a healthy living