Why is there pain in my wrist and twitching in my index finger ?

I woke-up yesterday with pain in my right wrist. It s sort of a general ache that radiates down into my arm. I ve had it before and saw my doctor about it then, she just prescribed some general pain medication and a wrist brace. It took quite a while, but it eventually went away. I wore a brace last night while I was asleep and that seemed to help, but today it s still hurting and now my index finger has been twitching periodically all day. I m only 22, is it too early to be thinking about early signs of carpal tunnel?
Asked On : Mon, 7 Mar 2011