Why is there hair fall after delivery? Is it due to hard water? Prevent it?

Hi I gave birth to a kid who is now 9+ months. After delivery I have observed that my hair is falling considerably. Few things which I am not sure are: I gave birth in my home town and after 3 months I moved to other location where my husband is working, where we use ground water for bathing. I am observing this hair fall from last 3 to 4 months. I am not sure what to do? When ever I comb my hair I am getting concerned about it. My elders were mentioning that after delivery this is very common, but I am doubtful because I heard Hard water too can cause damage to hair. I am not sure what to do? Could you please let me know what I should do to prevent my hair fall and be happy.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Oct 2012