Why is there blood when I spit ?

Hi, DR.. I m having some problem which began last month and sometimes stops is that when i get up in morning and spit there i find few drops of blood , i m a medical student and will not suggest u anything sir ,, but i used to eat spicy food and meat ...
Asked On : Tue, 29 Mar 2011
Hi,thanks for query.Do not worry there is a possibility of some congestion in throat may be due to infection or food.This can lead to blood in split at times.Please look for infection,if there get it treated,Avoid oily and spicy food,take light diet and more of liquid you will be fine.
wishing you all the best for the future.