Why is there a big hole on the top of my right nostril ?

Hi my name is Taylor. I m a 17 year old female. My nose has been hurting really bad for the past couple days and I went into my bathroom and looked in the mirror at my nose and there is a big hole at the top of my right nostril . It looks like a pencil was stabbed through my nose. What could it be cause from? Should I be concered?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Feb 2011
hello taylor,
pain in the nose most of the times can be due to trauma.
it can also be due to infections which can be bacterial or fungal.
i recommend you consult a physician. have a check up to see if it is due to trauma or infection. it wil help you to get the right treatment.
donot worry about it.
i hope i answered your query
take care